Monday, January 7, 2013

E'clipse D'eclair

Good Evenin'

And, another fine day; I think we got the january thaw. Hit the 40 again today.

Always, tricky after a quiet weekend, try and get back to work, without losin' all my gains from the quiet. But, simple as it was, I don't think I did too bad. Feedin' ponies, dogs and cowboys, and, deliverin' some supplies I'd promised the neighbors. Just so happened I had a box a e'clairs, too. Well, it was one a those things, where I eat pretty much the same thing everyday, and enjoy it a lot, but I saw this box a e'clairs at the store and though, "ah, why not?". Well, I ate one and found out real quick "why not"; I'm not exactly sure how they manage to pack quite, so much sugar into those things, but I about keeled over and slept for an hour after tryin' one a them. So, I decided they might make a better treat for the neighbors than the cowboy; day's are short enough, this time a year, 'out addin' unnecessary naps. Anyway, they were thrilled and dispatched 'em, post haste.

Then a course, even if it's a quick visit, deliverin' goods, it's only 'bout once a fortnight, we get ta visit, so, we gotta catch up on any recent news, share a cuppa coffee and cuss politicians. Always a good time and I was back with plenty a daylight, feed, water and give the boys a romp. Even made a little loop, out to the woods, bring back some limbs; didn't need 'em bad, but it keeps the pile handsome and gives me and the pups a chance ta stretch the legs.

Anyway, tarred, for all we got done and headin' for bed, give'r a go, man~ana; see if I can't pinch a little heart time, keep the fire burnin' bright.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Those sugary things sure look good in the package don't they? Do the same thing to me and feel like lead in my stomach .... sure tastes wonderful in the mouth though.

    What a great day .. dogs, horses, people, outside in your wilderness, and a decently warm day. Some days just hit you just right ... even the cussin' politicians part ... Laughing!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete