Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Horse Wears The Sun Like a Hat

Good Evenin'

And, for starters, prayer's, crossed fingers and best wishes, for my friends up north who are in the freezer and my friends "down unda", who are in the cooker! (Minus 30's up north, 120's, some parts a Oz.)

Another peach of a day in the land of enchantment; 45 degrees, blue sky and sunshine. Maybe, the only good thing about some of these extreme weather patterns, is that maybe, we'll start payin' attention and takin' better care of Mother Earth. It's kinda sad, we get so entrenched in our habits of abuse that it, so often, takes calamity to get our attention; even consider change. And, a course, soon as I say that, it's time to check my own front yard.

Kinda funny, yesterday, I woke up and sat up for some "heart time", way I always do. I don't know what got into me, but somehow or other I ended up in a sorta "snit". Really quite funny, more I think about it; kinda like, accordin' to me, I was makin' a lot of effort and Creator just wasn't listenin'. Unfortunate, I wasn't quick enough to stop and really look at what hadda hold a me, so it got worse and worse, 'til I finally got up and even said somethin' out loud, along those lines.

Then it got kinda amazin', almost as if, someone we all know and love, turned slowly around and gave me the eye; as if to ask if I really wanted beg that question. All I can say is, I had a sudden and profound change of heart.

There is so much needs attention, so many in real pain and trouble, my life, truly, so soft, least I could do is keep a modest attitude; so grateful for all the mercy and grace, saved my butt, a million times over, and make a little effort, somehow, everyday. If I have any appreciation for history, I should know, I have a "long, long" way to go, 'fore I ever get proud a "my try".

Anyway, quite a day, quite a moment; maybe I'm "losin' my marbles". But, I don't believe I'll ever be quite the same and that mightn't be all bad.

Have a nice night!

Best, Always
jeune

2 comments:

  1. "So grateful for all the mercy and grace, saved my butt, a million times over." Oh how I love that statement. I hear ya. It's nice to see it on "paper" though. I sure understand the modest attitude part too. Gotta keep your marbles in one of those zippie bags ... easier to keep track of.

    There's a Wiliiam Ellery Channing poem that starts out "To live content with small means; to seek elegance rater than fashion ...." and it goes on, stating beautifully what needs to be said. I got that sent to me by a very good Friend, printed it out, glued a feather on it I'd found, and have it hanging above my desk.

    Would love to wear a sun hat and sing "here comes the sun!" Like all of life, winter is just temporary ... makes you want to kiss Spring after all the brutal temperatures and working in the deep snow. April, you best get ready to pucker up!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. The History Channel did a fascinating show called "Life After People" http://www.history.com/shows/life-after-people that explored what would happen if humans just disappeared. Amazing how all traces of "civilization" just disappeared over time, and how nature healed itself. Even if we don't get it together to stop climate change in time, this planet will heal itself one day when we are long gone. Sad but true.

    Your thoughts about gratitude and pride not being a productive mix.... still learning that myself, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete