Friday, January 25, 2013

We Beholdin'

Good Evenin'

And, not a bad one; a little sunshine here and there, almost made 50 degrees. Otherwise, a sea of buttery blue-grey clouds and fresh moist, spring like air.

I suppose I spent the day re-collectin' myself, after the "tax day cameth". So, pretty simple; feedin' ponies, a wee nap and firewood, with a brief sidetrack into the great flu debate. Been runnin' into folks, all hot about it, one way or another, so I went and looked up a few articles, pro and con. Didn't come to any conclusion, one way or another, though, they are admittedly, usin' some strange ingredients, but I did come away with a funny sense of the 50/50 question; 50/50 republican/democrat, contrails/chemtrails, flu shot/potshot, the list goes on and on. I'm guessing it'll be 50/50 on the second amendment. Don't know if you saw it, but yesterday, someone posted a good one on facebook; a bear with a "paw" raised, and a quote, "excuse me, on the right to bear arms, where are you getting them"?

Anyway, I remember readin' something once, "truth is a beauty that lives in the heart; you won't find it written on a piece of paper". I know it's a little ironic, but it sure stopped me in my tracks, and isn't that "beautiful"?

Somehow, no matter what the question, ya start ta get a sense, "it'll always end up about 50/50, give'r take a little", about 50 percent'll see it one way, about 50 percent'll see it the other and the debate'll go on and on.

So, just gettin' "stopped" by that quote, personal, I remember feelin' that that, truly has somethin' ta say.

I remember readin', once how, whenever they tried to prove that light was a wave, it proved ta be a wave. And, whenever they tried to prove it was a particle, it proved ta be a particle. So, call me what you like, but it seems to me that whenever we get real "technical" about life, we're gonna end up in a big debate and, end of the day, it'll probably end up 50/50.

And, maybe it's that simple; debatin' is "fun", for some, anyway, and it "looks" productive, but usin' the politicians for example, there does come a point where everybody gets tired; really tired. And, what do they do? They take a vacation and go somewhere beautiful.

I just believe there really is a point there, even if it takes a little quiet, con-sideration.

Have a nice night.

Best, Always
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Debate many times I believe turns into a bunch of peacocks (peahens?) strutting around with their egos fanned out. Yawn. Just gets kind of like a bad movie.

    This you wrote will make me smile all day ... "truth is a beauty that lives in the heart; you won't find it written on a piece of paper". Just absolutely puts everything in perspective.

    Blessings (-22 this morning ... we're getting warmer!)
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Peaceful said.

    When it comes to vaccines, I trust more in experience. I'd had pneumonia 5 times in about 4 years in my 20s, but since I've been getting the pneumovax every 10 years, no more pneumonia. I taught for 35 years, but only got a flu-like illness a couple of times. Was it because I got the shot every year? Who knows. Would I have wanted to experiment and go without? Not a chance.

    All of this is anecdotal, which is how most folks structure their arguments. If it works for them to get a shot, fine. If not, fine. But if they skip the shot, get the flu, and then come into my airspace (putting me at risk because no flu vaccine is ever 100% effective and because I have asthma), they'd better be prepared to get chewed out big time should I get sick because of them.

    ReplyDelete