Thursday, January 3, 2013

Down Along the Mountain

Good Evenin'

And, another fine one! Cold mornin', but not quite as cold as the one before and, we actually made it up into the thirties.

Got my chores done and the truck fired up, made it over to Nelson's with just a little to spare, so I even had a minute, grab a cup a coffee and brag on my new wool shirt; well, it makes everyone laugh, I get so proud a my simple good fortune, and if everyone gets a laugh, then I'm twice happy.

My ride showed up and we made it to town; pretty as a picture, drivin' down along the mountain. And, with the few dollars I got for Christmas, I managed a 4$ pair a work gloves, a bottle a witch hazel, my favorite after shave, and bought us both a 1$ Green Chile Double Cheeseburger at Micky D's; with just enough left for one chocolate chip cookie, which we split.

And, the best part, side from a nice conversation, we even made it back with daylight to spare; these past few days, soon as the sun dips into the west, the temp, it drops like a rock. Even seems it ain't so bad, once it's dark dark, but right with the change a the light, boy, oh, boy, the cold come on with an attitude.

Anyway, everyone's well; the pups seem quite comfortable, though I believe Whichy's still huntin' a good story, for where and how this Wedo dog, exactly fits in, but I believe that'll all work out. Seems Wedo likes her, I'm way fond, she can't complain too much; she'll either come up with a good one or just let go and enjoy.

Funny, I thought it was just people, always needed an explanation; but now I got a dog lookin'. Who knew?

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. I believe Whichy is a very smart Girl .. she thinks. I met a Chesapeake Retriever once the same way. You could see the wheels turning. Wonderful Girl and smart as a whip.

    A good shirt is a beauty to behold! It's surprising how well it makes you feel when "the cold come on with an attitude!" Laughing ... love that line! I have old fleece shirts I actually consider "Friends."

    Wonderful day you had ... hope your stars looked close enough to touch like they did here ... puts life in perspective for me.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete