Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Winter Rose

Good Evenin'

And, another fine day! Got up kinda late, where I was up, the middle a night. Woke up to the sound of a horse poundin' on a froze over water tank. I debated the pros and cons, then figured I'd better make a go; there's a mare, Big Missy, big as she is, she's way timid and sometimes she won't get a drink all day, if the other's are huggin' the tub. And, winter time, it's tricky, with feed and water; easy a horse can colic.

But, gettin' up, middle a night, winter time, it's not casual deal. Lit the fire, got dressed, made it out to the corral and broke the ice for the bunch and the boys. But, time ya get back and warm up, undress and think about goin' ta bed, you're pretty much wide awake. So, I made some warm milk and honey and caught up on some email needed attention. All said and done, it was 1 o'clock when I awoke and 4 by the time I was back in bed.

Seemed like the rest a the day, I was just kinda playin' ketchup. But, I did finally get a good dose a heart time and for that, I can't complain.

Pups are good and the ponies are fed; tomorrow, another day.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. "... playin' ketchup." Better than real blood or a horse with colic, which if babies are any indication, is no fun. Heart time does put it all in positive perspective. Hope you get some good rest tonight.

    It's descriptions like this post that make me remember why I gave up living in colder climates for someplace that doesn't freeze solid. Lived in a house on a hill one year back east, where the steps would freeze solid, and the only way to get to the bottom was to sit and slide down on my rear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what a winter rose looks like ... beautiful.

    The winter sure does bring it's experiences of "different." Hope you can get enough sleep ... freezing water is quite a chore to deal with when you have a shy one who won't push for her fair share.

    Windy and snowing here .. the usual .. Laughing! This time of the winter, palm trees are starting to look quite alluring.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete