Sunday, January 20, 2013

Trust By A Nose

Good Evenin'

And, yes, another peach; 45 degrees, blue sky and sunshine. Big old high pressure system, takin' all the weather north; supposed to last right on through the week.

Otherwise, unfortunate, I think I'm gonna make progress on the weekend, but with free minutes on the phone, I end up spendin' some time catchin' up with friends and, 'fore I know it, it's comin' up Monday! Anyway, can't complain; by and large it's old friends and we end up remindin' each other, the things that are really important and that's worth it's weight.

Ponies are good, the pups seem happy and Wedo's gainin' some weight. I reckin' part, his little "bod" got a taste of the weather and figured ta "tallow up" and part, I reckin', he's feelin' safe and happier, by the day. He is an odd little dog; kinda "other worldly". He sure has his own rhymes and reasons. But we've worked out a few rules, pretty good natured and I think that's helped a lot; I reckin' he got a fair lickin' for eatin chicken, there where he used ta live and I think that left him some worried. Just like horses, if you're fair and make an effort ta understand, they'll take all kinda direction and love ya for it. If ya just come down with the fury, 'out considerin, their point a view, they'll just get worried and disappear; a sad situation.

Don't know if you got ta see "The Horse Whisperer", or read the book, but ta me that was the crux of the deal; people, horses, any critter, most like, losin' hope and disappearin' inside themself. In the book/movie, there's a point where Tom's talkin' to the Mom of the little girl, had the wreck with her horse, and talks about his own pain, losin' a friend like that and urges her, "not to let that happen"!

It's a great reminder, any relationship, and maybe, most important us with ourselves; if it's important, pay attention. Wrecks come easy, healin' can take a whole life.

Have a nice night!

Best, Always
jeune

2 comments:

  1. I think it was a wonderful thing Wedo got you and Whichy for family. Glad he's getting some weight on him. Maybe that's why I feel so hungry today ... all of this cold weather!

    Never saw that movie but will get it if it's at the library ... sweet to get a movie to watch for free. I think that sounds like a good movie too.

    If you go about prioritizing what's really important in life, I'd say you had a great weekend. Nothing like the sharing of your heart with other people who share their's.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad's favorite saying in Latin translates to, "What is life without friends?" I pay attention to that final "s" because even though I know that the most constant friend and companion is that one inside, I also know that those who are dear to me in friendship enrich my life every day, and I am grateful for their presence on the planet and in my life as we journey, alone but together, on this amazing road of existence.

    So glad to read about Wedo. I've seen those wrecks you write about. One kid I remember because every time I called on him during a lesson, he'd look like I'd just accused him of something and whine, "What!?!" This went on for an entire year! Made me wonder what had happened to him to cause that level of fear/mistrust.

    Anyway, happy Monday, Jeune. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete