Thursday, January 31, 2013

Inspiration

Good Evenin'

And, a fair nice day! Didn't get too warm, but sunny and not too much wind.

I suppose the biggest event of the day was firewood; I'd gotten down to my last few sticks, with the cold and snow. So, I was out fair early, hit my piles and knock off the snow, 'fore it started to melt.

And, a course, I'm sendin' out a few notes to friends, see if we can't raise enough, grab this half a load a hay, we might could get. I hate to bother folks that already helped me out, times gone by, but I guess I hate more payin' twice for less come spring.

Anyway, it got late, where I run across an article 'bout Tom and Ray, I'd never seen and I had to read it up. Always fascinatin' readin' about lives lived with a passion and, a course where it involves horses, double. But, I'm always reminded, much as I love and admire their work and their stories, what they did for the horse and horse people everywhere, they lived in a time and a place, that was equal a gift, just for them. And, like that quote I ran across today, "be your self, everybody else is already taken", I can only take the inspiration to live the gift of my own.

Have a nice night!

Best, always

http://westernhorseman.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1166&Itemid=77


jeune

2 comments:

  1. "To give something you never gave to get something you never had."

    Now, that's a story that'll stick with you. A human that worked "with" and not "against" an animal. I think finally many are waking up about that, but this was a man who innately knew what was needed to "make the horse alive" and not a slave. Lot of respect there. Thanks for the article, Jeune. That really is inspiration.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great article, and it proves the argument that great teaching is an art, not some sort of mechanical, one-size-fits-all practice. Tom and Ray not only taught horses, they taught other humans to work with horses in an intuitive and integrated way. In doing that, their wisdom has a chance to live on, and that makes them even more special.

    Stay warm out there, Jeune. Good to know the piles of wood are dry and ready to use.

    ReplyDelete